Nitron DIY refurbing
The following was written by Jouke on the SELOC forum.
Copied/stolen to the SELOC Wiki to preserve the info and images.
How to fix a stuck Nitron adjuster
After 7 years of use, one of my Nitron adjusters got stuck. The only way to get it to turn was by using molegrips on it. So it was time to figure out how to dismantle it!
After reading up on seloc and watching the Nitron promo video on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V850vsRVOCc), I decided to give it a go.
- First, take the damper of the car and get the spring(s) off.
- Then unscrew the bottom part (with the adjuster on it) from the rod. You can use a 17mm spanner on the chrome nut and another spanner on the bottom part. Use some cloth to protect the anodizing!
- Now, carefully insert a sharp blade into the groove in the adjuster. I had to lightly tap the blade to get the adjuster to part.
- After getting the top part of, you can see the adjustment mechanism. Take out the pin first so you can unscrew the bottom part of the adjuster.
- Clean and regrease. - Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal etc.
Not bad for a 7 year old damper!