Headlight Switch Panel
The Headlight Switch Panel in an Elise is situated next to the stack/steering wheel on the dashboard.
- Remove the plastic surrounding the switches. This can be done using a couple of credit cards wedged into the top and lever the top down.
- Remove the aluminium panel which the lights are attached to. This has 2 screws at the top and 2 screws on the face. If they are hidden behind the black adhesive sticker, then puncture a hole through the sticker.
- Unscrew the bottom of the plastic steering column surround. This has 3 screws at the bottom and one at either side, plus two at the front. Let it dangle on the two wires
- Remove the plastic surrounding the heater controls in the same way as in step 1
- Unbolt the Stack instrument panel using a 10mm socket set.
- The painted aluminium panel above the switch panel should slide towards the steering column. It is held on using a sprung piece of metal, so should just it pull off.
- The switch connectors just pull off the switch bodies.
There's a lot of unscrewing there - so if you're lucky to have long wires some of the steps can be omitted.