Please Add Info
Elise S2 Non ABS
The Rover S2 uses 3 identical bearing packs without built-in sensor and 1 pack with a sensor for the ECU (which then relays it to the speedo) on one of the rear wheels.
These bearing packs originate from the Opel/Vauxhall Astra G front axle.
OEM Lotus part numbers
- Bearing pack without built-in speed sensor: A117D6002F
- Bearing pack with built-in speed sensor: A117D6005F
Bearing units are originally made by SKF who also sell complete aftermarket replacement kits:
- SKF VKBA3510 without sensor
- SKF VKBA3511 with sensor
Both SKF kits come including:
- bearing packs
- new mounting bolts (approx 10mm too long for the Elise can be cut down - M12 x 40 Metric fine thread which are hard to find, best order Lotus OE A116W1170F)
- new castle nut for the driveshaft/CV
- new split pin for castle nut
- dust cover for center
Elise S2 ABS
Use 4 identical bearing packs, ALL with speed pulse for the ABS signal (which in turn feeds that to the ECU)
For part numbers see the 'with speed sensor' entries above.