Replace the horn
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This Should take about 2 hours max ( but leave time for 3 ).
- Jack up and secure car.
- Remove front undertray.
- Remove Drivers side wheel.
- Remove the right access panel, and fuse cover and remove horn fuse (7.5AMP)
- Remove mudflap screws and pull mudflaps away to gain access to the old horn, there is a 8mm nut and two wires that you need to disconnect.
- Attach the new horn in place of the old horn.
- You may need to drill a hole in the side, but there are lots there already, to make use of.
- A Top Tip is put the tubing in hot water to help it fit over the connectors of the unit and horn ends.
- Once new horn is fitted, fit a new 25AMP fuse inplace of the old 7.5AMP fuse you took out at the begining.
- Test horn, Jobs a carrot